The Career Development Stairway (CaDS) gives an industry wide, objective framework for the many and varied jobs in the sector. It is an information provision tool that can assist in career planning.
CaDS builds on the updated nomenclature of job profiles which is an industry-validated tool.
It works on the simple premise that if one enters the sector with or without relevant skills at Step 1 which is the basic level on the CaDS, the person will be aware of ‘The Stairway’ s/he will need to take to progress on his/her career. Additionally, the person will be aware of the skills s/he needs to acquire/develop as s/he moves up ‘The Stairway’ in order to equip him/her with the competencies necessary to carry out the job role effectively.
Objectives of CaDS
- provide information on the various job roles and career opportunities in the sector
- provide details on career progression opportunities within the same or across sub-sectors
- help to plan career in the sectors whether one is a new entrant to the sector, or is looking for further opportunities within the
- help reduce the skills mismatch through development and provision of relevant training provided by informed training centres
Potential users of CaDS are:
- Training providers
- Job seekers
- Experienced professionals
- Government/Policy makers
For the ICT/BPO sector, job profiles have been developed in the following sub-sectors:
- Service Management
- Call Centre
- Software Development & Web
- IT Security
- Software Testing
- Systems Design
- Infrastructure and Systems
CaDS is an ever evolving tool and will be reviewed regularly to keep pace with the developments of the industry.